New Pre-Built Cyberpower Desktop PC Crashing

Viper344

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
I bought a gaming PC recently and when I started playing some games on it (Farcry 4, Fallout 4, Farcry 3 Blood Dragon, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare) it would crash at differing times depending on the game. Farcry and Fallout I can play for a good amount of time, usually around 2-3 hours. Call of Duty and Blood Dragon however would barely last 30 minutes... if that.

The crashes completely freeze up the computer. Nothing responds, no ctrl+alt+del, no alt+tab, nothing. There is a usually a loud buzzing sound that accompanies the crash and the only way to bring it back is to hit the reset button. It has even started happening when I leave the computer alone for about 5-15 minutes alt-tabbed out of games.

I had posted another thread and the general consensus was that it might be a Power Supply Issue but I really don't know and am starting to get pretty frustrated with this.

Current set-up:
Mobo: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
CPU: FX-8320
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970
PSU: HPL-800BR-F14S (C) 800watts

I have ran Prime95 (20 minutes), Furmark (30 minutes), Windows Memory Diagnostic and it never happened.

I have been running CPUID HWmonitor in the background for quite some time now and trying to monitor the heat buildup. Here is what it looks like after playing Fallout 4 for about 20-30 minutes.
http://i.imgur.com/0FdRLbu.png

Solution
All good not trying to be mean but a lot of people build one of the systems on their site and then get good quality components then skimp on the psu and wonder why they have issues theres a ton of write up about folks doing this then trying to blame the company I mean if you build it through them they will use what ever parts you pick. In your case though if you bought it preconfigured as a package I would suggest getting a tier 1 or tier 2 power supply for it then you should have a decent system
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

galeener

Distinguished
Yep never get the default or cyberpowers own brand of psu. Really though you specified the parts why would you ever put a shit power supply in a gaming machine. I mean if you ordered all the parts your self and put it together then who would you have to blame.

Viper344

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016

I didn't specify the parts. It was a bundle, I guess pre-built wasn't the best choice of words. I thought I had done good research but I am not an expert with hardware.

galeener

Distinguished
All good not trying to be mean but a lot of people build one of the systems on their site and then get good quality components then skimp on the psu and wonder why they have issues theres a ton of write up about folks doing this then trying to blame the company I mean if you build it through them they will use what ever parts you pick. In your case though if you bought it preconfigured as a package I would suggest getting a tier 1 or tier 2 power supply for it then you should have a decent system
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Solution