[SOLVED] New prebuilt PC keeps freezing ?

Jul 27, 2022
Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Mobo: Tuf gaming Z690 plus wifi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
SSD: 1TB PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Elite Capellix
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W Gold

My new pc keeps freezing, prompting a hard reset every time. Happens when either idle or when watching youtube. So far it has never happened during gaming, although I have not been gaming as much as studying on the pc or watching videos. I recently did a clean install of windows 10. The freezing still persists...

I contacted ABS Gladiator customer support and their suggestion was to update the bios. I wonder if this will fix the issue. If anyone else thinks that it’s worth a try I’m willing to take a chance, knowing that I may brick the mobo in the process…yikes. I really want this problem fixed so can anyone offer me their opinion/suggestions?

Solution
I wonder if this will fix the issue.
Part of the process of troubleshooting is that you need to go through a checklist of possible culprits and faults, then it's solutions. You go through it until you remove them one by until you're left with the obvious culprit.

In this regard, one suggestion would've been to look through your BIOS version and if you have any BIOS versions pending update.

Lutfij

Titan
Part of the process of troubleshooting is that you need to go through a checklist of possible culprits and faults, then it's solutions. You go through it until you remove them one by until you're left with the obvious culprit.

In this regard, one suggestion would've been to look through your BIOS version and if you have any BIOS versions pending update.

Solution
Jul 27, 2022

Yes, I realize that now. I’m going to update my bios soon. I’m on version 0503, so a few updates behind (a years worth). The most recent update provides better support for 12th gen intel cpus. I’m feeling optimistic.

That being said, I do have a question…

Can I use the same formatted flash drive that I used to clean install windows 10 with? If so, do I need to erase all the windows 10 files so that only the bios files is in the flash drive?

Here are my steps:

Download most recent bios from mobo page
Extract all
Put extracted folder in flash drive
Enter bios and follow instructions of pg. 61 from this manual https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...93_TUF_GAMING_Z690-PLUS_WIFI_D4_UM_V3_WEB.pdf
Exit bios and boot to os

Let me know if you see anything blatantly wrong. Thank you.

KyaraM

Admirable
I would definitely use a clean stick with nothing but the BIOS on if for that. However, judging by my own ASUS laptop, you should be able to upgrade BIOS with their app under Windows. It's usually working just fine. If you are insecure, that might be an option.

Reactions: Why_Me
Jul 27, 2022
I would definitely use a clean stick with nothing but the BIOS on if for that. However, judging by my own ASUS laptop, you should be able to upgrade BIOS with their app under Windows. It's usually working just fine. If you are insecure, that might be an option.

Thanks. Just updated the bios today (first time)...hopefully this will nip the issue. I'm closing the thread as solved for now.

Reactions: KyaraM