New Prebuilt PC Majorly Overheating?

Sethres

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Okay, so I just got a PC and it's majorly overheating. Playing World of Warcraft or just downloading a game on steam, the motherboard will go up to 100c. Playing WoW it went to 104c today. GPU went up to 67c. CPU was at 79c. The case has two fans along with the stock CPU fan and running the PC with the case open helps it cool down a little faster when I close everything, but while playing it's still way up there.

I don't think the readings are wrong because the side panel closest to the motherboard is warm and I've used more than one program to test the temps, but it hasn't given me a BSOD or shown any problems. If I hadn't touched the side of the tower and installed heat monitors I wouldn't have even known. Anything above 90c seems really alarming to me though.

Here's complete info on the PC, everything is still default. I've had it for like two days.
http://tinyurl.com/m7vevfz

Here's a picture of my HWMonitor readings from when I was playing WoW. Looks the same when I'm playing most things.
http://i.imgur.com/CyYJFGv.png

What do you guys think I should do? I'm pretty comfortable with software but I have no idea what I'm doing with hardware and the only thing I've really done before is replace a PSU.

Also, sorry if I provided too much or not enough info, I'm not sure what's relevant. Thanks for any and all help.

Solution

Your case has 2 fans, a good ventilated pc needs like 4 or 5 high quality fans I'd imagine

Sethres

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Will that really help? At 104c it feels like sticking another band-aid or two on a severed limb. Then again, I don't know about this stuff. I'll google around and see if I can't figure out what fans I'd need to get and where and how to put them in.

Your case has 2 fans, a good ventilated pc needs like 4 or 5 high quality fans I'd imagine

Solution
Apr 30, 2019
I would say check if the cpu coller is monted fuly i madd a mistake onc while I was opening my pc to seè the specs we rent broke i didn't press thecooler all the way down and so my pc over heated extremely