[SOLVED] New Printer

Apr 30, 2019
I am interested in others thought on colour printer/scanners. I have a Canon MG6460 that is perhaps 5 years old and has been great, but when I turn it off at the wall and turn it back on it creates a fault and the yellow fault light comes on but nothing else. I have read heaps of threads of push this, push that for 5 seconds etc and after MANY tries it has eventually come back on , but not this time it would appear.

I want a colour print, combined scanner (inkjet or Laser) and the availability to print 6 x 4 photos and with reasonable priced cartridges. I know I want a lot, but would be interested in other persons experiences and thoughts. Brian DJ

Solution
The Canon MG6460 should not be turned off/on at the wall socket. It should only be be turned off/on with the power button to allow it to go through it's "self check" process before it actually turns off --- this cannot take place if the power is cut at the wall socket, this will over time damage the printer.

As for buying a new one you are definitely in the right place in choosing Canon in my experience. Choose a model which has at least six individual ink cartridges if you will be photo printing with it.
The Canon MG6460 should not be turned off/on at the wall socket. It should only be be turned off/on with the power button to allow it to go through it's "self check" process before it actually turns off --- this cannot take place if the power is cut at the wall socket, this will over time damage the printer.

As for buying a new one you are definitely in the right place in choosing Canon in my experience. Choose a model which has at least six individual ink cartridges if you will be photo printing with it.

Solution
Apr 30, 2019

Thanks for your reply Phillip. I always turn the printer off at the printer switch before turning off at the wall, but I like to turn everything off when we are away from home. Once the printer is turned off at the wall these days it takes me hours and multiple atempts to get it to turn back on and each time I turn it on the yellow flask light only comes up, but if I keep trying eventually it works, but it has eventually got the better of me and I will be buying a new once very soon. Brian DJ

Ralston18

Titan
Just a question regarding:

"The Canon MG6460 should not be turned off/on at the wall socket. It should only be be turned off/on with the power button to allow it to go through it's "self check" process before it actually turns off --- this cannot take place if the power is cut at the wall socket, this will over time damage the printer."

I understand that OP is turning off the printer via the printer switch.

However, if the wall switch is then immediately turned off before the printer finishes its' shutdown - then damage could still occur. Correct?

And will add a + for Canon products.

Aug 1, 2019
you can go with the brand of Canon. It is famous for it's specially designed printers. If you need cartridge for your new printer, you can visit cartridgesale!