New problem: Booting to wrong partition

NerdCake

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I'm a dummy and activated the wrong partition after I cleared the partition with Lunix mint. (Had duel boot with Mint and windows 7)
I can't get into BIOS(before this happened I realized fast boot is more than likely available, it totally skips the black screen with the option to enter BIOS), and I also don't get a boot from CD option either, so my windows disk seems to be out of the question.
It goes directly to "Error: No such partition grub rescue"

Ideas?
Note I'm new to this issue so give me the step by step the best you can.

Solution
What has Happened:
GRUB points to your Linux mint boot partition. Since you have deleted this partition there is no [easy] way to boot into your other operating systems.

To fix:
1)You must be able to boot from a Windows CD and use the Fix Boot problems tool, or use the fixmbr command.

Your computer is not *skipping* the delay is just set to zero. You can likely get into BIOS options by repeatedly pressing the BIOS button (what ever it is for your computer) immediately after boot.
What has Happened:
GRUB points to your Linux mint boot partition. Since you have deleted this partition there is no [easy] way to boot into your other operating systems.

To fix:
1)You must be able to boot from a Windows CD and use the Fix Boot problems tool, or use the fixmbr command.

Your computer is not *skipping* the delay is just set to zero. You can likely get into BIOS options by repeatedly pressing the BIOS button (what ever it is for your computer) immediately after boot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS