New problem with windows 7

ryman546

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Ok this is getting frustrating. Whenever i get home from work i flip the computer on. Go about doing whatever in the house and then come sit down *roughly 5-10 minutes*. Its still on the password login screen. I type my password in and its goes into windows. AS its loading stuff it FREEZES. COMPLETE lockup. Now if i were to turn it on. type the password in immediately. It works flawlessly....whats the deal?

I do have a overclock but its password 9 hour stress tests on prime 95 and occt.

amd phenom 965 3.8ghz at 1.41 volts.

Any ideas?

Solution
I don’t think that this is a hardware problem; I think that you are having a software conflict. Disable all of the startup programs in MSCONFIG reboot and see if this cures the problem and then re-enable the programs one by one until the problem reoccurs.
I don’t think that this is a hardware problem; I think that you are having a software conflict. Disable all of the startup programs in MSCONFIG reboot and see if this cures the problem and then re-enable the programs one by one until the problem reoccurs.

Solution