New processor died after one month of use for no reason at all

Yoshino76

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
So, I bought a new processor Fx 8300, with a new motherboard Gigabyte 970a-ds3p rev 2.x, it worked perfectly for about one month, then my gpu died for no reason too, it was a Msi 260x 2gb, I got a new gpu (I was able to turn on the computer because I tested it with a really old gpu) and for some reason the computer didn't post at all, it was just there, dead, the ans where spinning and all, but the bios never started and the screen had no signal, I tried with another processor and it worked perfectly. I really don't know what's happening, I've seen some people had similar problems with this motherboard and processor, but I don't know how to fix it and the motherboard is supposed to support this cpu (same with this bios version). I can't test the cpu in another motherboard sadly because I don't have other.

It's also worth noting that the cpu never had any temperature problems or was ever overclocked at all, the same with the gpu that died

Here's my set up

PSU: Cougar rx 600w 80 plus
CPU: AMD Fx 8300
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970a-ds3p rev 2.x
GPU: Gigabyte 1030 oc

Solution

Yoshino76

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

It's a new gpu, with way lower power consuption, first the other gpu died, then when I got the new gpu the processor died too, I tested it with another gpu (cause this board has no inegrated graphics) and it worked, I installed the new gpu and the cpu didn't work anymore, even if I tested with the other really old gpu wich I know it works

Yoshino76

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

The new gpu has few power consumption, the cpu died and it doesn't even start if I remove the gpu

It seems that you have a lot of components that "die" once they are plugged into your motherboard. I suggest that the problem is, in fact, your motherboard. I found a review of the 500w version of your PSU:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=345
and it seems to be a decent unit, so I think the 600 watt version would be also. However, that doesn't mean that the PSU could not cause the symptoms you describe.

I would suggest replacing one or the other, whichever is easier, in order to eliminate one possible culprit.

Solution

Yoshino76

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Yes.. it was the motherboard, tested it with a different psu and burnt out another processor.... Thanks