New Processor now PC won't detect graphics card and runs slower.

Vorlo

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
I installed a new processor i5 760 on my desktop. Problem is now my PC is actually running slower. For example it takes 10-15 secs after I right click on the desktop for the menu to show up.

Also now my PC can't detect my graphics card(GTX 660) which worked fine before. I checked with CPU-Z and Nvidia Control Panel. It's acting like the G-Card is not there which is weird because I'm currently using a monitor which is plugged into the card.

The reason I'm putting this under CPU instead of graphics and displays is because this problem only occurred after I install my new processor.

Please help.

Vorlo

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

How do I do that? I've heard that messing with the BIOS can brick my PC. I'm not very experienced in this as this is the first time I've modded/upgraded my PC.

Vorlo

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
It says that I need a different version. Like x86 or x64, my program files says x86.

Which is weird because before I know it was x64. Is this something that the processor has changed?

Vorlo

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x56 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."