New 'Project Cars 2' Trailer Shows McLaren 720s In Action, Pre-Orders Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thretosix

Honorable
Apr 27, 2017
Why is it the PC version of the game is always impossible to find? Wanted to look up the price of the Ultra Edition for PC and it's as if it doesn't exist while being the most wanted version polled on their site. So many games have gone by the wayside for me as they get looked over because of such incompetence by the publishers.

JaFull_593

Prominent
May 10, 2017
GG Bandai. Now I'll just wait for your game to be heavily discounted instead of picking up an Ultra edition, or even one of the other tiers.

So *only* European customers get access to these special edition versions? Do the Asian market racers have access since it comes with a Japanese car pack? There has to be a logical reason why we in the Americas can't get access to this.

"As the vehicle makes tight, drifting turns, you can see its disc brakes light up due to hard braking as the car attempts to go around the corners."

Actually there's nothing new about that. GTR2 from 2007 had this effect, and it was really cool at the time. Some of the guys who now work for SMS used to work for SimBin which did the GTR series. The rest of them went over to Sector3 which took over SimBin and developed RaceRoom Experience which also has the effect. (RRE feels more sim-like than the first PCars, but PCars has much better aesthetics, especially the interior and gauges - it also has rain and excellent sun effects including right in your eyes driving into it).

Ian Bell

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
10TACLE. Nice story but when I and the team left SimBin, we took 38 of the 42 developers with us. more than 90% are still at SMS today.

zahoome

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
10tacle, did you read the article you linked?
"Even better so, they revealed that the iconically named GTR3 racing sim is scheduled for release in 2018 as a multi-platform title on the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4."

Status
Not open for further replies.