[SOLVED] New psu and gpu not working

Jun 1, 2020
i bought a new corsair cv550 psu to partmer it with the gpu that i also just which is the sapphire rx560 but the pc won't startup. Do you guys think that my psu can't power up my gpu? I was just so excited to try it but it turns out i can't use it. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

Solution
SOLVED IT! I changed the secure boot to disabled in the BIOS settings because in what i read it prevented the installation of the GPU. Thanks for the help!
Jun 5, 2020
try powering up the pc with just the gpu in the pcie slot with out any power cables going into gfx card so dont plug in the 8 pin cable to gfx card see if it boots then try powering down insert cable then power on if it doesnt boot at all you have short somewhere in gfx card so it basicslly cuts the psu off so nothing blows im going through a very similar issue with a 1080ti and its pissing me off

Jun 5, 2020
more than likely a bad gpu that power supply should be able to power that card you have oviosly tried reseatting in pcie slot clean tge contacts with electrical cleaner or something non ciductive let it dry out and try it again check cables have sufficent voltages with a multimeter

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Maybe check your BIOS. There should be a settings there..
Try to plug in on your onboard vga and rx 560 on each monitor.

MOnitor1 for GPU and Monitor2 for Onboard graphic. if display show Monitor2 then go to Bios and enable the pcie.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
What your Motherboard? is it OEM like Dell, HP..

IF it is go BIOS there would be a settings to choose for Primary Graphic Adapter.
Like Internal, PCI and PCI-E.

You can find them on google image to see what im talking about.
"bios integrated graphics"

Jun 1, 2020
SOLVED IT! I changed the secure boot to disabled in the BIOS settings because in what i read it prevented the installation of the GPU. Thanks for the help!

Solution

Latest posts