• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question New PSU but No Video Signal to Monitor

Apr 7, 2019
Hi Please Help. I bought a new EVGA 450BT and installed it to my Home Desktop because im doing a little project and turn it into a gaming desktop. My Desktop is Dell Inspiron 3847. I carefully connected all Wires into my motherboard which is 24pin, 4pin, hard drive, optical drive. But there is still no signal to my monitor. I cleared the cmos but nothing happened. I checked if all wires are correctly attached but nothing happened. I reattached my old psu and everything was fine, so its not my vga/hdmi wires or my monitor. Please Help

Do you have a GPU? If so, does it require external 6 or 8 pin power? Did you plug that in?

Did you make sure to not use the "EPS" plug for the GPU? (that's for the CPU/mobo). The power cable for the GPU should say ATX or similar.

Edit: actually, on your unit, the CPU and VGA power cables say CPU and VGA respectively. Does your GPU have a 6 or 8 pin power plug?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS