Question New PSU causes me to boot into bios any time its unplugged?

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Hi everyone! I just upgraded my PSU to a EVGA Supernova G6 750w psu because my Evga 700b was about six years old and thought it would need to be replaced. Now that ive replaced it, it boots into the bios anytime the system is unplugged for more than 5 minutes or so. I migrated my 700b to newer rigs over the years and it never had an issue but I realised it might be time to replace it as ive upgraded to a 12600-kf and 3060. Not sure what is going on? I had ultra fast boot enabled at first but with the new PSU windows will constantly say windows did not boot properly and ask to restart which it works on restart. Setting the bios to just fast boot fixed that issue after upgrading my PSU. But now anytime I unplug it and plug it back it. Ill press the power button, it does a power flush and boots to bios and I just have to press F10. System runs great and will run forever with no issues. Any idea??

I just built this system 3 months ago with my original 700b at first
I5-12600kf
Corsair Vengance 3200 16GB DDR4
B660M-DS3H
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Corsair 120mm aio
512GB WD Blue Nvme
1tb sata wd blue
some leds and 3 120mm fans
Now upgraded to Evga supernova g6 750

System works flawless and runs like a dream with great temps
Any ideas? Thanks :)

Hi everyone! I just upgraded my PSU to a EVGA Supernova G6 750w psu because my Evga 700b was about six years old and thought it would need to be replaced. Now that ive replaced it, it boots into the bios anytime the system is unplugged for more than 5 minutes or so. I migrated my 700b to newer rigs over the years and it never had an issue but I realised it might be time to replace it as ive upgraded to a 12600-kf and 3060. Not sure what is going on? I had ultra fast boot enabled at first but with the new PSU windows will constantly say windows did not boot properly and ask to restart which it works on restart. Setting the bios to just fast boot fixed that issue after upgrading my PSU. But now anytime I unplug it and plug it back it. Ill press the power button, it does a power flush and boots to bios and I just have to press F10. System runs great and will run forever with no issues. Any idea??

I just built this system 3 months ago with my original 700b at first
I5-12600kf
Corsair Vengance 3200 16GB DDR4
B660M-DS3H
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Corsair 120mm aio
512GB WD Blue Nvme
1tb sata wd blue
some leds and 3 120mm fans
Now upgraded to Evga supernova g6 750

System works flawless and runs like a dream with great temps
Any ideas? Thanks :)
How old is the battery on the motherboard; perhaps its defective.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Ill keep this post updated. Im not quite sure I havent tried a new battery but the same rig did not do that with the 700b. The system just runs non stop so I dont feel like replicating the issue right at this moment. Edit: I will plan to test the old psu compared to this one and try a new battery thanks for the replys.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwd999

TRENDING THREADS