[SOLVED] New PSU Compatibility?

May 1, 2020
Hi!

I recently bought a prebuilt PC which came with a less than stellar PSU. It came with a CiT FX Pro 600W. I am looking to replace it with the following
Corsair TX-M Series 650 Watt for peace of mind.

I am just wondering if I would be able to replace the power supplies? I assume they should be compatible?

My current PSU can be seen here: https://www.cclonline.com/product/3...onze-Certified-ATX-Power-Supply-Unit/PSU1753/

And the Corsair one is https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WVWXPVZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

My specs are as follows
CPU: Intel i5-9400F
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310-R R2.0
Ram: 16GB DDR4
SSD/HDD: Seagate 240gb SSD / Western Digital 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6gb DDR6
PSU: CiT FX Pro 600W Bronze Rated 80+
Chassis: CiT Raider RGB

Thanks!

Solution
yes you can do it.
yes it will fit nicely. good choice on replacement PSU. 👍

procedure:
shut down the system and remove the side panel. with the power cable connected to the PSU touch an unpainted part of the case or PSU. an unpainted screw holding in the PSU in works good for grounding. after you grounded yourself proceed to remove the power cables from the storage devices, ground yourself. remove the power from the GPU, ground yourself, remove the power from the motherboard, ground yourself. unplug the power cable from the PSU, remove the screws securing the PSU and remove the unit from the case.
reverse the steps to install the new PSU.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
yes you can do it.
yes it will fit nicely. good choice on replacement PSU. 👍

procedure:
shut down the system and remove the side panel. with the power cable connected to the PSU touch an unpainted part of the case or PSU. an unpainted screw holding in the PSU in works good for grounding. after you grounded yourself proceed to remove the power cables from the storage devices, ground yourself. remove the power from the GPU, ground yourself, remove the power from the motherboard, ground yourself. unplug the power cable from the PSU, remove the screws securing the PSU and remove the unit from the case.
reverse the steps to install the new PSU.

Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
yes. for a standard ATX PSU will work with mATX, ATX, BTX, EATX, mITX, boards.
they all share the same standards for PSU connections and a standard unit like the Corsair will run them all.

non standard boards without a 24-pin connector will require an adapter but I highly doubt you will find a board in the normal retail channel that does not conform to the ATX specifications.

in short if you can buy the motherboard new in a store, it will work with the corsair.
the non-standard boards are sold in pre-built systems like dell and Lenovo.