Question New PSU. Computer POSTs but will not boot windows.

Mar 7, 2019
Not sure if this is in the right place, I apologize in advance if it's not. My old PSU was failing so I replaced it. Computer POSTs but get the little blinking underscore and it won't go past that. Looked in the BIOS and everything is seen, GPU, CPU, correct amount of RAM, system drive, extra drives, so i plugged in my old PSU and it booted fine. Not really sure what to do about this.

Old PSU is an EVGA 750w G2 and new one is EVGA 750w G3. Nothing else has changed.

Mar 7, 2019
Try the new PSU again and keep only the drive that has windows hooked up and disconnect all other drives etc and see if that changes anything
So I'm not sure what happened, maybe I just didn't put in the pieces hard enough, but everything works as expected now. Otherwise I'd offer up a solution for someone else. I just took out the old one again, replaced it with the new one again and it booted up in seconds into windows. I did disconnect the drives the second boot up and same thing, so at least it's not the drives being the issue.

Mar 5, 2019
So I'm not sure what happened, maybe I just didn't put in the pieces hard enough, but everything works as expected now. Otherwise I'd offer up a solution for someone else. I just took out the old one again, replaced it with the new one again and it booted up in seconds into windows. I did disconnect the drives the second boot up and same thing, so at least it's not the drives being the issue.
Aight, excellent

Reactions: Anak1nx