New PSU doesn't have 8 pin for CPU

AlexLA

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Hi. I bought new PSU and noticed that it doesn't have 8 pin connector for my cpu. What is best solution for me to buy?
Adapter 4 pin to 8 pin?
OR
8 pin molex connector?

Solution

PSU is terrible quality, please avoid using this unit before you cause damage to your components.

Here are my PSU recommendations.

Also, your motherboard has no heatsink on the VRMs next to the socket. When you decide it's time for a CPU upgrade, I would recommend...

AlexLA

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

My pc specs :
Motherboard gigabyte H77-DS3H
1155 socket.
Cpu intel i5 3470.
Ram 8 gb ddr3 2x4gb 1866 kingston hyperx
SSD samsung 850 evo 120 gb.
HDD Hitachi 1TB
GPU Ge Force GTX 750 Ti.
My new psu is chieftec GPS 500 a8. 500w. Chieftec is one of the best psus in my country. We doesn't have where to buy evga,thermaltake...

DSzymborski

Titan
As Rogue Leader notes, that PSU is junk. Not being able to start your PC with it is the optimal usage of it.

You'll have to tell us what country you're in and where you can purchase PSUs in order for us to recommend a safe one. I've yet to see a country in which something better than this wasn't available, though you may have to pay more for it.

PSU is terrible quality, please avoid using this unit before you cause damage to your components.

Here are my PSU recommendations.

Also, your motherboard has no heatsink on the VRMs next to the socket. When you decide it's time for a CPU upgrade, I would recommend upgrading the motherboard as well.

Solution