NEW PSU Fan Not Working?

Iridescent_Blue

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016
Recently got some parts for a new build, one of which was a new PSU. I got a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W. Out of the short time I've been using the upgraded PC (about 2 days) I haven't seen the fan spin once whether it be on boot or through a load. The RGB fan hasn't lit up once either. Sounds like an issue to me but thought i should ask if anyone knew about it. Cheers.

Solution
That model has a feature that makes the fan not spin unless it's using over 20% power. Have you been doing heavy stuff that should increase the needed power to 20% like gaming or video editing? If yes, then it could be a manufacturing/software defect on the PSU's side

akimikage

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
That model has a feature that makes the fan not spin unless it's using over 20% power. Have you been doing heavy stuff that should increase the needed power to 20% like gaming or video editing? If yes, then it could be a manufacturing/software defect on the PSU's side

Solution

Iridescent_Blue

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016
Yeah i chucked it under a decent load and still nothing. It's meant to have an RGB fan that lights up but it didn't even do that in the first place so that's what caught my attention. Might have to return it.

TRENDING THREADS