[SOLVED] New PSU Help

May 31, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking to Upgrade my PSU but I'm not sure which out of the two I have found would be the better option for long term reliability for my Gaming PC.

The two I have found are,

Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W (80+Gold, ATX 12V)

2. EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W

They're both listed at the same price, if anyone would be able to help me it'd be very much appreciated!

Solution
For that setup a good 550W is enough and a 650W is plenty.

It's a good idea to have some head room and and for future upgrades. Especially with a Seasonic that comes with a 10-year warranty you wouldn't change it in 3-4 years unless you make huge changes/upgrades and it's not sufficient anymore.

Having said all that, if the price is no issue, I'd say go ahead and get the 750W Seasonic.
May 31, 2019
What are you full specs? Do you really need 750W?

They're both good and if same price I'd suggest the SeaSonic.

I think those come with a 10-year warranty. Not sure about the EVGA.

Here are my PC Specs

CPU: Intel i7 7700
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-S2H
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 MHz
SSD: Gigabyte 240gb
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W ATX

There's only a £15 difference compared to the 650w so that's why I figured it'd be a better option to go for the 750w, since I do plan to make more upgrades aswell

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

It's a good idea to have some head room and and for future upgrades. Especially with a Seasonic that comes with a 10-year warranty you wouldn't change it in 3-4 years unless you make huge changes/upgrades and it's not sufficient anymore.

Having said all that, if the price is no issue, I'd say go ahead and get the 750W Seasonic.

Solution
May 31, 2019

Perfect I'll go ahead with that then, thank you so much!

Reactions: Satan-IR