New PSU installed, no signal

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
I just bought a new PSU to future proof myself for future upgrades (from 500W). Now when I try to boot into the PC, there’s no signal to the monitor. Everything spins fine and all LEDs turn on, even on the peripherals (keyboard etc.). Any solution to this?

Edit: swapped to a seasonic focus plus 850+ gold, from a cx500.

Lev1n

Reputable
Sep 30, 2019
First take off graphic card and use on-board graphic card on the motherboard. If you see signal you have problem on graphic card. If still there no signal try ram's on other slots. If you got the signal put the graphic card back.

Reactions: vMax
As with all things, double check all your cables are in properly, especially your CPU power top left, GPU PCIe power, SATA connectors and the HDMI connection to the monitor also the front panel header just in case something moved......apologies if you have down this. If that does not work, start again with a bare bones build so just one stick of RAM, GPU and primary SSD and clear CMOS and try booting again.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
First take off graphic card and use on-board graphic card on the motherboard. If you see signal you have problem on graphic card. If still there no signal try ram's on other slots. If you got the signal put the graphic card back.

Just tried that, and it seemed to work. Question is what was wrong? Why did I have to take out the graphics card, boot into with integrated, then put back my GPU for it all to work?

As with all things, double check all your cables are in properly, especially your CPU power top left, GPU PCIe power, SATA connectors and the HDMI connection to the monitor also the front panel header just in case something moved......apologies if you have down this. If that does not work, start again with a bare bones build so just one stick of RAM, GPU and primary SSD and clear CMOS and try booting again.

Did all of that except clearing CMOS. Above solution seems to have solved it but I want to know what the problem was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Happy to hear that. I can only think the GPU or one of the cables was not on properly though Lev1n is the one who probably knows better than me...

That is not possible. I made sure it is correctly seated a number of times. Fun fact, now that it works, the cable isn’t truly seated in the power connector, there’s abit left to push in, yet it still shows signal and acts normal.

That is not possible. I made sure it is correctly seated a number of times. Fun fact, now that it works, the cable isn’t truly seated in the power connector, there’s abit left to push in, yet it still shows signal and acts normal.

Interesting on the cable not being in properly..maybe something to keep an eye on....More importantly you are back to happy....

Lev1n

Reputable
Sep 30, 2019

I build to many pc's for me and my friends. Like 2-3 years ago my friend bought a pc with 4790k and 680 on it and its wont show signal we tryed everyting still to signal. Psu was semi modular I just relocate the 2x 6x ping connectors and its worked fine. The idea come from that.