new psu Question, Antec or ocz?

eebling

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
so if anyone of u where building a new system, wich one of these psu's would u prefer to have powering your machine....
antec true 550 eps12v or ocz technologies powerstream 520...
the ocz is about 30 bucks more and 30 watts less power, but is it a better psu....?

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
man im trying to remember the article i just read in maximum pc i believe it said the best power supply was the antec and the ocz.they said the antec took first place i think however many people are saying if you go sli with your video cards and pci express etc than the antec has problems for some reason in that case they are recommending the ocz powersupply which i personally am getting i currently have the antec true 550 and i have had no problems with it.antec true power is a very good power supply.ocz also produces top of the line performance parts in everything they do so if youre not going to have video cards in sli setup then antec might be your choice.If im wrong remember im just trying to help but i dont think im wrong i read alot.

pentium 4 3.2
oczpc3500 el ddr platinum matched ddr433
western digital raptor 74 gig 10k rpm
8knxp gigabyte
geforce 4 titanium 4600(i know get a faster card)soon!

eebling

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
cool man, thanks for the response....I don't think I'm getting an sli video card anytime soon...I like both the antec and ocz model, but know I still have to find out if eps12v psu's are compatable with my tyan thunder k7 mobo, the manual say's I need a atx eps psu and It has been very difficult finding out if those two psu's I am looking at fit the bill.....btw - I have a ti4600 too, need a new video card as well!

RichPLS

Champion
I have an Antec 430 True Power...Been solid champ for over two years running.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would just go with Antec since it is cheaper. They both good PSU and very reliable.
If you really want to have the best PSU. PC Power and Cooling is definitely the best but their PSU is very expensive too.

eebling

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
thanks for recommending pc power and cooling....they seem to have very good supplies and they have a model that will definately work with my mobo....Are they pretty much the top of the chain when it comes to quality? as in, I won't be disapointed if I spend $200 on the model that works with my mobo...? I saw another one that will definately work too, but from fortron and it is only $109, but I assume it is lesser quality since it is half the price.....

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
Crashman might have something to say about that, given he is a major Fortron fan. If Folken sees this post he will give you a hand.

For me, the Antec True Supply is the way to go.

eebling

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
well I think I have to go with the pc power model since it has the right pinout assignment My mobo needs. None of the antec models or ocz models are compatable, at least that is what two tech guys from antec and ocz told me. I'm very limited to wich psu I can get...is anyone here running a tyan s2462 thunder k7 with a power supply that is NOT ges format...? like the antec models or ozc....