[SOLVED] New PSU stuck in boot loop

hippoman52

Honorable
Jul 15, 2014
Hello! I just bought a Phanteks 850W PSU to upgrade for my 3090. I put in the PSU put in my 3090 and am stuck in a boot loop. I have tried with my old 2080 as well and get the same issue. I have also tried switching back to my old PSU and even went and bought a different PSU to try and those two can’t even get the boot screen and won’t power my cpu/cpu cooler but the phanteks will. I have tried going through without any GPU and I can get all the way in but with a GPU I have continued issues.

I get all the way to the windows symbol and just spinning circle below it if that helps!

SPECS:
Rog Strix z390-e
Phanteks 850W
I7-9700k
I’ve tried with a 3090 and 2080

Is there a chance I will have to replace my mother board? Any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Solution
Is a fan plugged into the 1st fan header? Accoring to the Phanteks website another person had this problem years ago. He plugged the fan into the wrong header and it caused a boot loop.
Dec 20, 2020
Is a fan plugged into the 1st fan header? Accoring to the Phanteks website another person had this problem years ago. He plugged the fan into the wrong header and it caused a boot loop.

Solution