[SOLVED] New PSU

Jun 23, 2020
Hello, today i just found out the power suply i bough 6 months ago had a permenant defect, and its not fixable... i bought it second hand and didnt get any warranty (guess i learned my leason), as mutch as im sad for it im kindof positiv that i checked it in time untill it spread the demage somewhere else on the system... it was a RM 750x psu. Im here today to get a recomendation on which PSU do i get next. The specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600
Rx 580 sapphire nitro
16gb tridentz g skill 2x8
500gb hdd
250gb ssd
B450 aorus elite

Im planing on doing some upgrades to the pc in the future so i would like to have something a bit stronger.
Oh and im on a tight budget....

Solution
So the cx650 is a no go ? I should search for gold rating minimum? Sorry if im a bit anoying but what do you think about the sama armor or sama forza 80+ gold
Buddy it's not annoying in Toms hardware we like to help and educate each other, I'm unfamiliar with that brand you could check it in the PSU tier list. Also a good news the psu you asked me about the sama forza 80+ gold and the other is Tier A. If it helped click the 🏆 icon to complete the thread:)
Hello, today i just found out the power suply i bough 6 months ago had a permenant defect, and its not fixable... i bought it second hand and didnt get any warranty (guess i learned my leason), as mutch as im sad for it im kindof positiv that i checked it in time untill it spread the demage somewhere else on the system... it was a RM 750x psu. Im here today to get a recomendation on which PSU do i get next. The specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600
Rx 580 sapphire nitro
16gb tridentz g skill 2x8
500gb hdd
250gb ssd
B450 aorus elite

Im planing on doing some upgrades to the pc in the future so i would like to have something a bit stronger.
Oh and im on a tight budget....
Hello there!
A CX550 would be a great PSU for this build although if you want a 3060ti in future MSI recommends 650W and Nvidia 600watt, but it all depends on what your are gonna upgrade else CX550 would be great.
Check this list for recommended PSU , go with tier A or B skip the rest

Jun 23, 2020
In the furute i might be changing a lot of the components so im sure ill need morw than 550w Okayy ill check the list, i have a good deal on the Be quiet strenght power 10 750w gold? What do you think about that one ? Or the corsair cx 650?

In the furute i might be changing a lot of the components so im sure ill need morw than 550w Okayy ill check the list, i have a good deal on the Be quiet strenght power 10 750w gold? What do you think about that one ? Or the corsair cx 650?
Hey if you think you'll need 750W of power go for it is a good psu and I'll recommend you to get a gold rated psu so if you find a 650w gold psu go ahead with that.
Edit: CX650 is a bronze rated psu

Jun 23, 2020
So the cx650 is a no go ? I should search for gold rating minimum? Sorry if im a bit anoying but what do you think about the sama armor or sama forza 80+ gold

Last edited:
Buddy it's not annoying in Toms hardware we like to help and educate each other, I'm unfamiliar with that brand you could check it in the PSU tier list. Also a good news the psu you asked me about the sama forza 80+ gold and the other is Tier A. If it helped click the 🏆 icon to complete the thread:)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS