[SOLVED] New Purchase - 3XS Gaming System

agentile

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
Good morning,

My i5 4670k and GTX 970 has done me proud for over 5 years now but I feel it's time to upgrade to a new system.

I'm going to be gaming at 1080p / 1440p (in the future) with no real interest in 4K. I was also planning on dropping the CPU down to an i5 9600k to save some money with my reasoning being, would I need the i7 for 1440p?

I'd like to play at max settings and be somewhat future proof.

http://

Is this system good value?
Is Scan a good place to buy from or would you recommend somewhere else?

I have around £1500 to play with so if you see any other systems or better sites to buy from I'm open to all possibilities.

Thank you.

Solution
Personally I would avoid the current i5’s, either go i7 or Ryzen. I have seen a couple of reviews where the current i5’s run in a few games at or close to max across all cores when running at 100fps or more. Now even if you don’t need 100fps the i5 is showing it doesn’t have much headroom for the future.
Personally I would avoid the current i5’s, either go i7 or Ryzen. I have seen a couple of reviews where the current i5’s run in a few games at or close to max across all cores when running at 100fps or more. Now even if you don’t need 100fps the i5 is showing it doesn’t have much headroom for the future.

Solution