Question New R5 3600X core 0 constantly at 50% use.

JustSomeNumbers

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
The issue seems to happen intermittently when I make a hardware or software change - such as attempting to install or uninstall drivers, which seems to be a crap shoot in either direction as to whether or not it will work, or opening or closing a program. Sometimes it will do it when I close malwarebytes to install software. Sometimes it does it when I open chrome. It's hard to say what exactly is causing it because I just plain don't know.

Here is the problem I am describing: View: https://i.imgur.com/gp1WMae.png

As you can see my system has only been up for about 8 minutes and it's already doing it again. It's causing my computer to stutter(including -all- sounds being distorted) on the desktop with nothing other than my typical apps open. None of these have updated recently and closing them does not resolve the issue. It most recently started again(as of the screenshots above 5min before posting this) when I reinstalled the blutooth adapter's drivers, but did not stop when I uninstalled them. It did not start when installing the wifi adapter's drivers moments before, which is located on the same card in the same PCI-e 1x slot.

Here is the top of the task view sorted by cpu use: View: https://i.imgur.com/ju1RKHw.png

System interrupts seems to be hanging out at around 1-1.2 percent, which makes me suspect that something is going on there. What could it be? How do I find out?

System specs:
Win10 Pro (up to date)
MSI X570 Pro
Ryzen 5 3600X (hard clocked to 4.3ghz, it was powering off at 4.4, core parking disabled)
GeForce RTX 2080
G.Skill DDR4-3200 16GB(2x8GB) 16-18-18-38

Let me know if there's any more information that is needed to resolve this issue.

Edit: I would like to include that while this issue is present I am unable to shut down my PC or restart, even to safe mode. The PC continues to stutter and sits at the "Please wait" screen indefinitely.

Edit 2: I was misremembering, it's G.Skill RAM, not Corsair. All of this is new hardware, save for the RTX 2080, which was purchased back in September '19.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS