New R7 360 card won't display, old 9800GT will? Windows 7

nygburks

Commendable
Aug 23, 2017
I recently purchased an old business PC to replace my old PC that has an unknown failure (PC was from 2004-06 range).

Lenovo M90
CPU: I3 - 540 (I have a Xeon 3470 on order)
MOBO: Unsure of exact model, but it's the stock one.
RAM: 10600 DDR3, 3GB (random number I know)

When I got the PC home it was barely useful for anything except Word. I pulled out my old Thermaltake Ultra 650w PSU and 9800GT from my dead PC and plugged those in. Noticeable improvement but I still couldn't play World of Tanks with HD graphics (it's truly the only PC game I care to play). So I ordered a brand new R7 360 from Newegg.

Threw the R7 360 in and.....nothing? Yes, I did connect the 6 pin power supply to it. It powers on, or at least the fans do. So I took it out, put the 9800GT back in, and updated my motherboard BIOS. Put the R7 back in, still nothing.

So I'm sort of at a loss here. I tried to use the included CD but it won't allow me to install drivers until I have the card in. There are also no other slots to even try to run both cards at the same time and maybe switch outputs between them.

Any ideas?

Edit: Maybe it's time to just upgrade my motherboard? Any inexpensive suggestions that will support the R7? Best I can find is what the current mobo supports using Nvidia cards, barely anything on AMD.

Solution
I have a brand new, same model, PSU i do not know what PSU we are talking about but the Radeon cards need more power than the Nvida and yes it could very well be the VGA to DVI adapter.

nygburks

Commendable
Aug 23, 2017
I have a brand new, same model, PSU that I also tried (they sent me two when I ordered one). No difference.

Could it be the VGA to DVI adapter? Granted I use it on my 9800GT but with a newer card....don't know.