NEW R9 270X WINDFORCE witch PSU CM EXTREME 2

WOLOLOO

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
hi buddys my problem is that my new video card cant send image in my monitor what can i do its the PSU or its the video card that is damaged or something like that?, and i cant see the bios anymore its all black excuse my poor english

My rig is:

I5 3450
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V
R9 270X WINDFORCE
1TB HDD
PSU CM EXTREME 2 725 W

help me community im desperate

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Try to switch the monitor back into the motherboard's video slot (which ever you are using, VGA, DVI, HDMI) and use the Intel GPU. Then, boot into your BIOS and look for advanced settings. Now, look for a setting to change the primary display adapter to PCI express instead of auto or iGPU. Then, switch back to your 270x.

WOLOLOO

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
thnx for the reply cub_fanatic

well i do what u say but still doing the same problem i have like 5 hours trying to work, i disable the HD 2500 in the bios and switch to PCIE but nothing is the same black screen saying no signal is there other solution

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

That pretty much narrows it down to the R9 270x itself or the PCIe slot. Either the 270x is a defective card or there is the very small possibility that the PCIe slot might be bad. Since you only have one PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard you can't just swap the card to another slot. The only ways to test it to make sure the 270x is bad is to swap in a known working GPU into that PCIe slot or put the 270x in a different motherboard that you know works and has a working PCIe x16 slot. I'm pretty sure that it isn't the power supply because everything else works and even if it wasn't producing enough power to power the card under load, it should still work at idle. Basically, to be 100% sure, you need to have another GPU or another motherboard. Another PSU might help as well. Or, you can take a chance and return the 270x, assuming it is the bad part, and hope the new one works.