Question New Radeon 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2019
Just got a new graphics card. I uninstalled my Nvidia Graphics card drivers. Installed my new card and now it's a blank screen. Reinstalled my old one and now it won't show anything on the screen either should I try a different port. Or what should I do next?

You need to provide more details, especially full PC specs. Some quick things to check:

Make sure the GPU is seated properly on the PCI-E slot, and all the PCI-E power cables are connected to the GPU.
Update your system BIOS, if not done so.
Clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, if need be (details are below).
If your motherboard has support for onboard graphics, then try booting the system without using the GPU. Plug the monitor's cable to the integrated graphics.

Anyways, kindly provide PC specs. This is just for reference. You don't have to provide ALL these details, but only those which are related to your current issue at hand.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit. Not related in your case.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, the easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options, depending on how it's structured. If you're having trouble finding it, look close to where the Save or Save & Exit options are because they're usually around those.

Another way to clear CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. Start by making sure your computer is unplugged. Next, open up your computer's case if you're using a desktop PC, or find and open the small CMOS battery panel if you're using a tablet or laptop computer.

Finally, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. Close the case or battery panel and then plug in, or reattach the computer's main battery. By disconnecting and then reconnecting the CMOS battery, you remove the source of power that saves your computer's BIOS settings, resetting them to default.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the CLEAR CMOS jumper on your motherboard, assuming your motherboard has one. Make sure your computer is unplugged and then open it up. Look around your motherboard's surface for a jumper with the CLEAR CMOS label, which will be located on the motherboard and near the jumper. These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD, PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

Do all these things VERY carefully, if you are not comfortable, then ask someone else for help, if need be.

Jul 21, 2019
I haven't messed with overclockcing or anything like that. Everything is at its standard settings. This is my build minus the graphics card.

MODEL1 C SERIES 1 0.00 0.00
KB-161-101 CYBERPOWERPC MULTIMEDIA/INTERNET USB KEYBOARD 1 0.00 0.00
MO-131-301 CYBERPOWERPC ELITE M1 131 7 COLOR GAMING MOUSE 1 0.00 0.00
CU-155-103 AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHZ(3.7GHZ TURBO) 8-CORE 16MB L3 1 869.00 869.00
CACHE AM4 65W RETAIL
HD-403-306 1TB HDD 3.5 SATAIII 7200RPM 1 0.00 0.00
RM-601-102 8GB DDR4-2400 MEMORY 2 48.50 97.00
FA-104-116 CASE FAN 120 MM 3 3.00 9.00
FA-WATER-606 COOLERMASTER MASTERLIQUID LITE 120 RGB 120MM WATERCOO 1 5.00 5.00
LER
FA-104-116 CASE FAN 120 MM 2 0.00 0.00
LABEL-101 CYBERPOWERPC SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER 1 0.00 0.00
ULTRA-COMPOUND-101 COOLERMASTER THERMAL MASTERGEL MAKER CPU COMPOUND 1 10.00 10.00
CS-450-127 BLACK CYBERPOWERPC ONYXIA MID TOWER GAMING CASE W/ TE 1 -21.00 -21.00
MPERED GLASS WINDOW RETAIL
NL-104-204 RGB COLOR LED 300MM W/ RF REMOTE CONTROL TAPE + MAGNE 1 0.00 0.00
T
MB-474-402 GIGABYTE AX470 AORUS GAMING 5 ATX W/ WIFI RGB USB 3.1 1 90.00 90.00
SATA3 2 M.2 CROSSFIRE/SLI
PS-132-103 800 WATT 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY 1 0.00 0.00
VC-257-301 NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 1 152.00 152.00
SW-190-D10HE WINDOWS 10 HOME FOR HIGH END DEVICES DIGITAL LICENSE 1 0.00 0.00
RUSH RUSH ORDER FEE 1 49.00 49.00
RUSH-5 5 BUSINESS DAYS RUSH 1 0.00 0.00
ULTRA-PACKAGING ULTRA ENHANCED PACKAGING SOLUTION 1 19.00 19.00
MISC PUSH AND PULL 1 0.00 0.00
CABLE-PROWIRE PROFESSIONAL CABLE WIRING 1 19.00 19.00
MISC ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND 1 0.00 0.00
NC-102-105 MSI PCI-E INTEL 802.11 AC 3168 WIFI CARD PCI-E 1 0.00 0.00
NC-119-102 ASUS PCE-AC55BT AC1200 DUAL BAND WIRELESS AC + BT W/ 1 29.00 29.00
PCI-E ADAPTER

How do I reset the BIOS if the screen to go to the BIOS won't even come up?

How do I reset the BIOS if the screen to go to the BIOS won't even come up?

I've explained 3 methods in my previous post. Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes. Also, use Integrated Graphics Processor to boot your OS, and first check which BIOS version has been currently installed on your PC.

The last/latest BIOS version for your Motherboard model is from date:2019-07-12, version F41b. Btw, can you boot the system by using the onboard graphics ?

You can also reset the BIOS settings, after you have started the system by using the motherboard's integrated graphics. and then enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

Jul 21, 2019
I've explained 3 methods in my previous post. Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes. Also, use Integrated Graphics Processor to boot your OS, and first check which BIOS version has been currently installed on your PC.

The last/latest BIOS version for your Motherboard model is from date:2019-07-12, version F41b. Btw, can you boot the system by using the onboard graphics ?

You can also reset the BIOS settings, after you have started the system by using the motherboard's integrated graphics. and then enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.
So I took out the battery for a few minutes and put it back in and I also shorted the jumper with a screw driver and still nothing.

guadalajara296

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
I had a black screen with my Asus MB on the first boot, then I switched ports HDMI/DP on back of card nothing but then I forced shutdown. on 3rd attempt BIOS video screen appeared on display port flat panel and then its been booting fine ever since. Now I am working thru other issues was running at 60C in hot room just idle I did some chassis fan adjustments to high looks like it helped me get back to 40C in the AM timeframe. Ordered a EKWB block but it wont be available until end of month.

Status
Not open for further replies.