G

I have the newest drivers for Windows 2000. I don't know which OS you have. Here's my feedback. OpenGL games are faster, I was getting 42 fps in Q3 in 1024x768 high details, now I'm getting 67 fps.

TBird 900 mhz
Radeon All In Wonder 32 mg
256 mg ram

Direct3d games are still not very fast.
The problems I found with the new drivers is the TV tuner. Now I'm not able to record tv without losing frames... I send a report to ATI but they didn't reply yet...

I dont' know if the new drivers for ME have the same problems....

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Been playing Serious Sam for the last 2 hours and it is just fabulous. I also am using W2K on my Radeon 64 VIVO Retail with the new W2k 3116 drivers. WOW!!! I am in 7th heaven and beyond. Bought Serious Sam at EB for $19.99. Never played a game so intense, having 20 to 40 creatures come after you is something else, plus having the blasting power to handle them is even cooler. Absolutely love this game and can't believe the price :smile: . Supposenly Serious Sam is a 3 texture game, in any case it just flys on the Radeon in W2k. Man is it fun.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
This is getting tiring, another Driver release, 7097's for Win9x. ATI is really turning out the drivers. To bad you just can't have one driver which is bug free, fast thoughout ownership of your video card.

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
Know what you mean. I've got folders and folders of downloaded ATI drivers, most of which I haven't tried yet. The whole thing is frustrating, even to follow vicariously!

BTW, Skynet over at rage3d says he has EVERYTHING working in w2k. His post is titled something about "Poll"... Trouble is, he's not sure how he did it. That's the biggest problem: with 20 ATI driver sets, 5 or 6 Via 4in1's, various w2k patches and reg. mods, how is anybody ever going to even know what they've actually got, working or not!

I've basically quit on w2k and am sticking with 3063 in 98 until I have more "need for speed". Simply works.

BW

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek: