Question New Raidmax case fans not working

Mar 18, 2019
Hello all!

So I finished a PC build and after about two weeks I realized that my front case fans were spinning, but not lighting up (they have RGB capabilities). They were unresponsive to the remote that came with it as well. After a good amount of troubleshooting I decided to purchase a replacement set from Fry's Electronics. My case is a Raidmax Prime Alpha with Asus Aura Sync. The replacement fans I purchased were the Raidmax NV-A120R3 set. My mobo is an Asus Prime B450M-A. It has two chassis fan slots and 1 for CPU. I bought a Raidmax R120TP replacement fan for the rear of the case (more colorful) and it works just fine! My issue is that the new front fans aren't powering up at all. I had to purchase a molex to 4-pin pwm connector in order to plug it right into the mobo, but all I'm left with is a series of beeps from inside the computer and the fans won't power up at all. I tried doing the molex connector to my ThermalTake 750W Gold PSU and my PC wouldn't power on at all. I unplugged the molex connecter and it powered up again - still no fans.

What am I missing? I've been searching everywhere to find answers and I'm lost so I finally made an account and joined here to get help. I'm a bit of a builder newbie, but I have some technological understanding. I appreciate any support or advice you all may have!

ASK THE COMMUNITY