Question New RAM being read in the BIOS but error afterwards ?

SimplyClueless

Reputable
Dec 29, 2016
Got some new RAM, the Kingston 32GB (2x16GB) HX432C16FB4K2/32 HyperX Fury 3200MHz DDR4 RAM. I placed it in my system with a Asus ROG Strix X470-I Gaming AM4 mITX motherboard with a Ryzen 3600. This motherboard needed a BIOS update when I first got it for the 3600.

When the RAM was installed, the system booted up and the BIOS read the 32GB fine but after exiting the BIOS, Windows had an error and the stopcodes like "Page fault in nonpaged area", "kernel security check error", "megasr.sys", "attempted write to readonly memory". Any advice?

When I placed my old RAM back in, the computer worked just fine. So I don't know where I went wrong.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your old ram kit? Also, what BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard? You can try disconnect the system from the wall and display and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing and then populate with the latter ram kit and see if you can get into BIOS, manually set all the timings, frequency and voltage fields in BIOS.

What version of Windows 10 are you working on? If the errors come thick and fast, try working with one stick of ram, switch the sticks in order to rule out a faulty stick of ram from the kit.

SimplyClueless

Reputable
Dec 29, 2016
My old RAM kit was a G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) F4-3200C16D-8GTZB. My current BIOS version is American Megatrends Inc. 2501 12/07/19. I'm running Windows 10 Education. About removing the CMOS battery, that won't reset my BIOS to the old factory setting or anything will it? Cause I don't have an old Ryzen 2000 series to update the BIOS again.