May 10, 2020
I've installed new ram (Link here if it will let me post it. https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-2400MH4z-PC4-19200-Channel-Memory/dp/B074SYMV6R/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=DDR4+2400&qid=1589129228&s=pc&sr=1-2

And after installing my PC would work fine for a week or two, And then it started to blue screen more and more frequently untill i couldnt even turn the PC on without it bluescreening, My PC is a HP Pavillion 690 0018 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05980427 ) However, if i take the ram out and put the old ram back in it works fine. The ram says Plug And Play on the back of the stick. I updated the bios when i had the ram out because i didnt know what i was doing, And i cannot get the ram in long enough to update the bios again without bluescreening. I also cannot find which key it is to enter bios on an HP Desktop. I really want to play Escape from tarkov, So please respond fast. Cheers!

May 10, 2020
The bios on my HP system is super outdated looking, and i cannot find the tab for setting anything related to ram, Please keep in mind that i am a novice with computer bios, and changing parts. I do not know what XMP is, Though i've seen it said alot on forums about memory, My issue is that my ram is blue screening every time i start up the PC before i can get to the sign in screen. However if i switch the ram to my old, samsung 8gb stick it will work fine, which is what i am typing this thread on
My new ram is G skill aegis DDR4 with timings ov 17 17 17 39 at 1.20 volts, But i dont know how to set that, if any of you could help it would be much appreciated Sorry for running on and on about this topic

Diddly

Distinguished
you might not be able to, HP don't let you change those parameters :-( at least not on my HP laptop anyway. What model is it?

To get into BIOS press F2 or del keys in boot up - right at the start. Then look for advanced settings (depending on BIOS). Post any screenshots here.

May 10, 2020
I have DDR4 2400 CL17 with timings of 17 17 39 at 1.20 volts, which is almost identical to my current ram, Everything is the same except for the timings. And i cannot change them because of BIOS being locked on an HP pc, Does anyone know if theres a software to allow me to change the timings from outside the bios? Or something to allow me to download different bios? If this is not possible, Then excuse me. I am not very acquainted with bios or motherboards, I barely know how to put together a PC from bare parts. And yes, The ram is seated fully in the socket, The two latches are firmly in place, And the motherboard only has two slots. So i shouldnt have an issue with placement of the ram, For information on my PC search up HP 690 - 0018

Please help, I cant play escape from tarkov with this 8gb ram stick and its annoying me so bad. I keep getting long load times, Even on a m.2 SSD, And disconnecting from the server