[SOLVED] New ram causing errors.

Ashalanis

Prominent
Jun 11, 2019
I currently have two sticks of DDR4 2x8. Today, I had went out and bought an additional 16 gb of RAM. When I install the new sticks of RAM, I go into an endless boot loop. The light on my mobo is solid yellow next to the DRAM indicator. Any ideas on what to do?

What i've tried,
  1. Reset CMOS.
  2. Reset BIOS to defaults.
  3. Tried just one stick of the new ram (Didn't work, and neither did the other)

My Components:
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
Old Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x8
New Ram: PNY - Anarchy-X 16GB (2PK 8GB) 3.2GHz DDR4

Solution
Try with single module. Try it in all slots. May also need to perform cmos reset.
If system doesn't boot with it (in all slots), then the module is faulty (or you have killed it with ESD by handling it improperly).

Ashalanis

Prominent
Jun 11, 2019
It's the numeric value that matters. It's either 1 or 2.
Usually it's called T1 or T2. Here N2 means the same thing as T2.
Also, one more question, you stated that mixing kits can get kinda iffy, isn't it kind of strange when I remove all of the old ram sticks and just use the 2 new ram sticks from the new kit in place of them and the PC still not posting? Wouldn't that rule out that as the issue?

Ashalanis

Prominent
Jun 11, 2019
Try with single module. Try it in all slots. May also need to perform cmos reset.
If system doesn't boot with it (in all slots), then the module is faulty (or you have killed it with ESD by handling it improperly).
I tried singling out each stick. The new ones don't work. The old ones work in the slots. I'm actually returning them and getting 2x16 gb ram sticks (same speed as well) from the same brand as the old ram stick.