[SOLVED] New Ram Hyper Fury 8gb wont work/show on my PC

Aug 7, 2019
So i just bought the Blue Hyper Furry 8GB DDR3 and was glad to recieve it finaly. i putt it on the second slot of my motherboard bcus i only have 2 slots. One for the the 8g Samsung M378B1G73EB0-CK0 1x8GB. Ok so afterwards i took all my cables in again and then started the PC. Waited a bit and then imidately went to my PC info. There it says (Installed 8GB..). My motherboard is Acer Aspire TC-705 and it can even take an 1060 GTX.. Wich started with an 745 GTX. I tried those System Configuartion adjustments, and it did nothing, and think it lowered my Ram. The motherboard is not good at all. Its tiny and limited, even had to pull the metal of the gpu behind entrance just to fit it. Yep and that was the EVGA version. But atleast what i know, is that it can handle the GPU, the CPU (Md 15), the RAM, and PSU. So im just wondering how can this not Versatile PC not handle my blue Hyper Furry 8GB DDR3? Is the Hyper, to HYPER?

Solution
So presumably you have mixed it with your other module?

Mixed modules are not guaranteed to work, it's a 50/50 gamble. Not saying it never works, just it's a gamble. Even if they are the same make/model/timings, it is irrelevant. RAM is only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack) due to how manufacturing processes change.

Does the Hyper RAM work by itself with the other module removed and CMOS reset?
What exact model (part number) RAM did you get?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Mixed modules are not guaranteed to work, it's a 50/50 gamble. Not saying it never works, just it's a gamble. Even if they are the same make/model/timings, it is irrelevant. RAM is only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack) due to how manufacturing processes change.

Reactions: HappyFeetZ
Solution
Aug 7, 2019

Ah ok i see. Its that risky. I thought it just lower the power, but not working is a bummer. I just tought and heard if both is DDR3 it probably works. Btw only 1 core is activated i checked, when 4 is suppose to (I5 4460). Im gonna remove samsung ram and only have the Hyper. I update on it!

Aug 7, 2019

So i did your solution and it worked, dumb of me spending hours of time when the answer is right in front. I guess answer are sometimes easy as put it in and pull it hard. Be carefull doe. Guess i have to buy another compatible spec to my low end PC who had 745 and got robbed for 1100 euros for :/ Hyper furry worked perfectly without the old ddr3. Either way Thanks for the help!!

Reactions: PC Tailor