Question New RAM install system failure

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Guys i need help fast
I bought new sticks of 2x3 ram and 1gb
I installed them and they did work ( i saw it was 7gb in the bios menu)
After that my pc turned off at booting windows now its showing orange blinking light and won't start again ,I tried removing everything changed RAM etc but didn't work.
Please help me asap

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Guys i need help fast
I bought new sticks of 2x3 ram and 1gb
I installed them and they did work ( i saw it was 7gb in the bios menu)
After that my pc turned off at booting windows now its showing orange blinking light and won't start again ,I tried removing everything changed RAM etc but didn't work.
Please help me asap

Reset your Cmos 1st to reset any changes so it goes to default settings..
I'd advise against having mix n' matched amounts of RAM if at all possible. You said you switched the RAM around, did you try it with the original RAM before the new RAM? also did you try 1 stick at a time to see if the system will post?

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
I'd advise against having mix n' matched amounts of RAM if at all possible. You said you switched the RAM around, did you try it with the original RAM before the new RAM? also did you try 1 stick at a time to see if the system will post?
Yeah i resetted cmos and tried 2x2gb and it did boot to bios but i plugged it off and installed the 7gb then it showed the windows icon but when it was booting ,It showed me the orange light
FOrgot to mention that the system is dell 755 mt.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Yeah i resetted cmos and tried 2x2gb and it did boot to bios but i plugged it off and installed the 7gb then it showed the windows icon but when it was booting ,It showed me the orange light
FOrgot to mention that the system is dell 755 mt.
UPDATE GUYS!
I fixed the issue by pressing and holding the system button for atleast 10-15 seconds and BOOM ,It worked !!
Thanks for the time bro.

Reactions: DMAN999