[SOLVED] New ram, no bios screen

Mar 24, 2020
Hi all, looking for some help here,
Build
i7-5820k
MSI x99s sli plus mobo
Crucial Ballistix sport 4x2 gb ram 2400mhz (trying to install corsair vengeance 16x2)
Gpu: msi 1660ti

Everything runs fine with the old 8gb of ram, recently running into the issue of needing more ram, so I bought 32 gb 2400 corsair kit, have tried installing in various slots, and reset cmos, but im currently operating on the original mobo bios.
I noticed after browsing MSI website that they have several bios updates, which mention memory capablities, is it possible that I need to update bios in order to get running correctly? Currently whenever I slot the new sticks anywhere on the board, I get fans running, but no display, no way of getting to bios. I also posted this in the mobo section, not sure which one it should really go in, please delete if I am in the wrong place.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thank you!

Solution
You're right. You have a dual bios switch on the motherboard. If the A bios doesn't work you can switch to the B BIOS. So yeah you could do that if it give you issues but it should not be giving you any issue.

Follow the instruction carefully on the motherboard website. Download the latest BIOS and put the file on a flash drive formatted in FAT32. Put that flash drive in a usb port (Sometime motherboard have bios flash USB port made for that) and go in your BIOS. Should just be a question of using the flash bios inside the bios and going to the usb folder where the file is and flashing the BIOS. I flashed a lot of BIOS in my life and only a few times I had issues and I'm talking hundreds if not a thousand systems.
Mar 24, 2020
Yes I tried one new stick in the apropriate slot, also tried numerous other slots with just one new stick, but no success. I was able to boot up with one of the old sticks in a number of slots.

You're right. You have a dual bios switch on the motherboard. If the A bios doesn't work you can switch to the B BIOS. So yeah you could do that if it give you issues but it should not be giving you any issue.

Follow the instruction carefully on the motherboard website. Download the latest BIOS and put the file on a flash drive formatted in FAT32. Put that flash drive in a usb port (Sometime motherboard have bios flash USB port made for that) and go in your BIOS. Should just be a question of using the flash bios inside the bios and going to the usb folder where the file is and flashing the BIOS. I flashed a lot of BIOS in my life and only a few times I had issues and I'm talking hundreds if not a thousand systems.

Solution