[SOLVED] New Ram not signal

May 7, 2022
I bought a pc with a 4x2 ram some years ago and I changed it for 8x2 one year ago, when I changed it I had some problems, basically it wasn't giving me signal in the monitor nor in the peripherics but with a tutorial I fixed it. Now I have to use the 4x2 again and I'm facing the same problem, I've done the same thing and it doesn't work, no output, after 3 hours trying and the back destroyed I'm here wondering what can I do? Both work, but its like this pc has problems recognising rams. Ive done most tutorials I've seen on the forum, it's h110m-d by the way. Could you help me, I need the pc working. It's a mars gaming PSU but I have solved it before, its not the PSU.

Last edited:
Solution
What do you mean by "and the back destroyed "?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

Try a new CMOS battery just as a matter of elimination.

Ralston18

Titan
What do you mean by "and the back destroyed "?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

Try a new CMOS battery just as a matter of elimination.

Solution
May 7, 2022
My back, that I have been 3 hours laying on the ground. Literally today the pc was running, but I had to change the ram again with the previous one, and it's the same that happened me, but now I can't make it work. I changed the CMOS battery too, It didn't fix it, the problem is that I don't have that thing that restarts the bios, maybe could I try with the screwdriver.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Put in the sticks that were (most recently) operational. Boot to be sure it will. Go into BIOS and turn off XMP, power down. Remove the old, put in the new, boot and give it a time or two to restart (if it does). Once it boots then reboot to BIOS and set XMP.

May 7, 2022
Put in the sticks that were (most recently) operational. Boot to be sure it will. Go into BIOS and turn off XMP, power down. Remove the old, put in the new, boot and give it a time or two to restart (if it does). Once it boots then reboot to BIOS and set XMP.
Ok, in around 15 days i will try again, im using my pc like before cause i wasn't able to fix that and i needed to study. I will try it soon and i tell you if it worked.

May 7, 2022
I fixed it, i changed the cmos battery and it worked, im not sure why, because i already fixed it with that cmos battery before, the same issue, but in case you haave such problems try to buy a new cmos battery.