Question New Ram not working

Jan 12, 2020
Hi, i recently purchased a kit of 16gb 3200mhz hyperx fury ram, to replace my 8gb 2133mhz hyperx fury ram. when the ram is set to a speed of anything above 2666mhz my pc will boot, run fine for a few mins then bluescreen and crash. Then the pc wont boot at all and just keeps crashing before windows loads, i then have to open the bios and set it to 2666mhz. running at anything under that frequency works fine. Is this a compatibility issue or is it a problem somewhere else, My Mobo is the Asrock B450 pro4. Thanks

Jan 12, 2020
ok, also came across another problem, just tried to get the crash error code, and noticed that when XMP is enabled and set to 3200 8.2gb of the 16gb says that it is hardware reserved and only 7.8gb is available to be used. This does not occur when set to 2666mhz. It also says that the frequency is 2934mhz not 3200 even tho the XMP profile is set to 3200mhz.

What are your FULL hardware specifications including model numbers of all core hardware?

WHICH DIMM slots, starting at the CPU and moving right towards the edge of the motherboard, with 1 being closest to the CPU socket, do you have populated with memory modules?

What BIOS version for your motherboard is currently installed?