Question New ram only works on computer with 8 gb and not 16gb

Jun 19, 2019
So I bought this 16GB ram kit from force, I installed both on my computer and the computer completely freezes and will not recognize the monitor, mouse, or keyboard for some reason, I’m placing them in the 2nd and 4th slot like I should but it still does not work, I removed one of them from the computer and restarted it and it works completely fine so I am not understanding why it isn’t working with16gb and why I can only use 8. Any tips would be appreciated cause now I’m gonna have to go through a long process to returning them and then getting new ones from them again.

Jun 19, 2019
Right sorry I shoulda said that here they are
Rtx 2080 trio
I7 8700k
850w Corsair white
Z370 a-pro motherboard
And the ram was 2x8gb white rgb 3200mhz tforce, I originally had one stick that was a 8gb elite viper 2666mhz.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-cmos-2625826
Basically clearing your CMOS resets all of your bios settings. The settings from the old ram may be causing issues with the new kit.
First power down your system but leave it plugged in. Look on your motherboard for the round CMOS battery. Next, to that battery, there should be 2 pins labeled CLR_CMOS or similar. Take the metal tip of a screwdriver and bridge these pins for about 5-10 seconds. Then make sure both sticks of ram are in, plug the machine in, and try to boot.

Jun 19, 2019
Welp I just plugged in the other one by itself and can confirm the monitors or mouse or keyboard are not being turned on or recognized by the computer so it looks like a faulty ram stick :(

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah I did try putting it in other spots but it seems to just not work, crazy to think that they would have faulty ones Right outta the package, I really appreciate the fast response because on Linus tech tips I received one comment and they never helped me again, even the t force website has given me no help so I thank you very much

Reactions: NightHawkRMX