Question New RAM showing Q-Code 41 on Asus Hero Mobo

jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
Purchased some Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3600MHz RGB DDR4 RAM to replace my single 4gb stick. Installed both new sticks into slots 2 and 4 and now the motherboard is showing q-code 41 and is stuck in a loop of turning itself off and on. I then tried to revert back to the old stick but that is still showing error code 41.

Any ideas?

Purchased some Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3600MHz RGB DDR4 RAM to replace my single 4gb stick. Installed both new sticks into slots 2 and 4 and now the motherboard is showing q-code 41 and is stuck in a loop of turning itself off and on. I then tried to revert back to the old stick but that is still showing error code 41.

Any ideas?
Which Asus hero mobo exactly ? There are quite a number of generations out there .
With what CPU ?
And exact reference of the new RAM

jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
Which Asus hero mobo exactly ? There are quite a number of generations out there .
With what CPU ?
And exact reference of the new RAM
It's an ASUS HERO MAXIMUS VIII, its an i7 engineer's chip from eBay so im not sure on the generation etc, and the RAM is https://www.amazon.co.uk/CORSAIR-VE...ir+rgb+ram+3600mhz+16gb&qid=1620314649&sr=8-7

I thought that it could be a compatability issue but now the old RAM stick that worked prior also does not work. Sorry if this is a poor description its my GF's PC that her dad built