[SOLVED] new ram showing up as 2133mhz in bios and task manager

Nicolas_45

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
So i got new ram and installed it into my pc. The ram is supposed to me 3200mhz but is only showing up as 2133 in the bios and in task manager. i went into the bios and turned on xmp to see if it would fix it and it did to an extent. after a little while with the xmp turned on my pc restarted after about an hour and then again after about another hour and a half. here are my pc specs

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
MBO: Aorus B550 Pro AC( bios is at the latest version)
MEM: GSkill Ripjaws V series 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU: 1660 TI

Solution
If XMP isn't working right, then it's not an XMP profile made for Ryzen.
Use DOCP if available, otherwise try manually setting the speed, timings, and voltage to that which is printed on the stickers on the ram sticks.

If that doesn't help, perform a CMOS reset and try again.
So i got new ram and installed it into my pc. The ram is supposed to me 3200mhz but is only showing up as 2133 in the bios and in task manager. i went into the bios and turned on xmp to see if it would fix it and it did to an extent. after a little while with the xmp turned on my pc restarted after about an hour and then again after about another hour and a half. here are my pc specs

What exactly do you mean by "got new ram and installed it into my pc" ? Did you add more RAM sticks to the existing ones ? Or did you replace existing one ?
Exact reference of older and new RAM please.

Nicolas_45

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
What exactly do you mean by "got new ram and installed it into my pc" ? Did you add more RAM sticks to the existing ones ? Or did you replace existing one ?
Exact reference of older and new RAM please.
i replaced existing ones.
the older ram is Gskill flare x ddr4 2400 16Gb
and the new ram is Gskill ripjaws v ddr4 3200 16Gb

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Use DOCP if available, otherwise try manually setting the speed, timings, and voltage to that which is printed on the stickers on the ram sticks.

Solution

Nicolas_45

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017

Whats DOCP and how would i find that? I dont really know how to get around in the aorus bios

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Your XMP failed to be stable and when it restarted it reverted back. Try 2933.