[SOLVED] New RAM stick compatibility issue laptop ASUS K550JX

Oct 23, 2020
Hi. I recently decided to upgrade my 4GB ram to 8GB. The Laptop as said in the title is ASUS K550JX.
CPU; I7 - 4720HQ
RAM: 4GB DDR3 (Samsung M471BB5173EB0-YK0)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950m
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200

The brand new stick I bought is the same speed/capacity/manufacturer/latency/voltage and Almost the exact same model which is M471B5173DB0-YK0

The issue as said in the title is the laptop randomly shutting down (instant shutdown like a power outage).
But there are some special cases of it happening. I'm scared of frying the stick because of misconfigurations so I didn't do a lot of tests but here is the info:

Laptop has never shutdown on low level activity (browsing the web, doing copying or doing anything that doesn't need extreme amount of ram)
Laptop will definetly shutdown after launching CSGO and playing for a couple of minutes (max 10 mins) but it takes some time (30 -60 mins) for it to shutdown if I'm playing GTA 5
I tried running a basic memetest and it shows nothing as an error but will freeze the pc if I set the capacity to test to maximum
I also tried warzone, it lags a lot (Im assuming 8GB ram isn't enough) but it didn't shutdown but I didn't play a lot (I definently played more than CSGO)

Note that no bachground apps were running while I was testing

Now here are the stuff I done for fixing it:

Checking if I installed the ram completely and correctly
Installing a fresh windows 10
Trying to change BIOS settings (I mean XMR profile but unfortunately I didn't find ANYTHING related to ram)
Changing pagefile location/size since I've been experiencing issues earlier with CSGO if the pagefile location is not the same partition as CSGO files or being too small

Note that if I remove the new RAM stick there are absolutely no issues with running anything (GTA V lags a bit since the ram runs out a bit but CSGO is completely fine on 60fps stable)

This type of issue has been asked a lot on this forum and other website and most of the solutions are in XMR profile which I don't have in my BIOS at all

And please don't tell me to buy a new ram since PC parts are extremely expensive here.

Thanks in advance for any information

Solution
The Intel Core I7 4720HQ supports DDR3L only. The Ram you showed me is DDR3, this may be a possible issue because DDR3 is 1.5 volts and DDR3L is 1.35 volts.
Oct 23, 2020
The Intel Core I7 4720HQ supports DDR3L only. The Ram you showed me is DDR3, this may be a possible issue because DDR3 is 1.5 volts and DDR3L is 1.35 volts.
Isn't the factory stick (the 4GB one which is on it) DDR3L too? If not, is there anyway to change voltage of ram without XMP profile in bios?

Oct 23, 2020
You can software overclock, but that requires you to be on an OS to do. Yes the OEM memory is DDR3L.
I researched and looked at the datasheets and turns out my cpu and both ram sticks are DDR3L. I was wondering if a damaged ram can cause issues like this (There's no sign of physical damage but I'm just guessing)