[SOLVED] New RAM Sticks cause Computer to 10 Second Boot-Loop.

Oct 7, 2021
I'll try to make this fast and succinct. Got a new computer recently, along with 2 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 8gb RAM sticks. Installed everything, all worked fine. I am relatively happy with 16gb of RAM, but ended up with two more sticks. However, anytime I install the 2 extra sticks for a total of 4, my computer will briefly turn on, and then off. No display ever comes up. When I tried just the 2 new sticks in place of the old ones, the computer would turn on and clear POST, but I would never get display.

Am I doing something wrong, what are my options? Thanks in advanced.

Components:
Motherboard - ASUStek PRIME Z390-A
RAM - 4x8gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL DDR4 3200
PSU - 750W EVGA

Solution
This is solved. Sorry to say, but none of the advice here was that helpful. that QVL is largely incomplete.

Turns out I needed to up the maximum Voltage in my BIOS on my motherboard, and dust off the DIMM Slots, as well as the electronic contacts on the Modules themselves. Thanks everyone for reaching out.

Ralston18

Titan
The first two RAM sticks were likely a match pair for dual channel use - correct?

What about the other "ended up with two more sticks"? Source, history, etc.?

Check the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the Asus website to verify:

1) That all of the installed RAM modules are indeed compatible and supported. Specifically, look for the Asus RAM QVL (Qualified Vendor's List).

2) That the installed RAM module are correctly installed - some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM module be inserted in a specific slot.

Oct 7, 2021
Thanks for reaching out Ralston.

I got them from the same exact Amazon page and manufacturer that I had gotten the first two. They are the same brand, type, and speed. New, out of the box. The two I have working now are only a few days older than these 2 'new' ones.

Went and checked first CPU compatibility; it is infact Dual channel, and I am trying pairs of cards at a time. (2 Right now, upgrading to 4.) the Intel website says the i9-9900k is capable of what I am trying to do. The G.Skill Ram I am using is compatible with both my Motherboard and CPU, so I do not think either of those are the issue.

Neither is installation. I have tried several times to install them, just to check that before making this post. They go in just fine. It's just that the 2 'new' cards cause issues whenever they're installed. Either alone, or as an extra 2 with the 2 i was already using.

Oct 7, 2021
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z390-A/PRIME_Z390-A_Memory_QVL_20190225.pdf Which of these models is it? Half of G.skill 3200 Mhz can run 4 sticks, other half doesn't.
How do you know it posts if you never get any picture?
Have you tried 1 stick at a time? Could be 1 of the new sticks is faulty.
Oh , I will have to go through these one by one and get back to you.
I guess I assumed it posted, because the computer goes on, and stays on for a while, to the point where to shut it off, I need to press and hold the button, rather than single press it. Maybe I am wrong on the details.

Oct 7, 2021
This is solved. Sorry to say, but none of the advice here was that helpful. that QVL is largely incomplete.

Turns out I needed to up the maximum Voltage in my BIOS on my motherboard, and dust off the DIMM Slots, as well as the electronic contacts on the Modules themselves. Thanks everyone for reaching out.

Solution