[SOLVED] New ram, USB slot not working

randyramanda.s

Commendable
Sep 19, 2017
I recently bought a new ram, Klevv Bolt X 2 x 8 Gb, previously i use Giel Potenza ( 2 x 4 Gb Though, not the 2 x 8)
my pc run without problem with the old ram, but after i use the new one, it's usb slot isn't working properly, except mouse and keyboard ( which use usb slot)
the problem is, i only can use it slot once (any slot, once), when i remove it ( properly or not) it wont read at all, when i check device manager, the flashdrive is there but it said Windows Cannot Load the Device Driver for This Hardware code 38.
i've tried to reset my bios (removing the battery for at least 5 minutes), reset it to default but still the problem occurs.
is there any way to repair it?
edit,
my spec is
MSI B450m mortar max
Ryzen 5 3400g
Zotac GTX 1650 Super
Samsung Evo 860 (sata) 256gb
Corsair VS Series 450W - 80 Plus

Solution
I always run it while I'm sleeping and check in on the nightly bathroom run. So if it's good mid way thru I'll let it run until I wake up; 6-8 hrs. If it's stable that long then it should suffice for most gaming or rendering sessions.

randyramanda.s

Commendable
Sep 19, 2017
Did you reset the bios to clear the old ram timings or run memory testing when you installed the new ram to make sure it was actually compatible?
no, i didn't , i just plug it since it think it's work just fine,
all i did this far is removing my battery ( around 5 minutes) and reset everything to default, yet the problem still occur

popatim

Titan
I always run it while I'm sleeping and check in on the nightly bathroom run. So if it's good mid way thru I'll let it run until I wake up; 6-8 hrs. If it's stable that long then it should suffice for most gaming or rendering sessions.

Solution