Question New Ram wont work

Aug 22, 2019
Losing my mind over this, I have had 8GB of ram for a year, decided to upgrade to another 8. Problem is that my computer will not read the new ram, neither will CPU-Z. I have tried all sorts of combinations, but if I do only one 8GB stick, it will work flawlessly anywhere I put it. Im am very confused. Any ideas on what to do? I have been googling for awhile and havent gotten anywhere.

Specs:

Mobo: ASrock h370m-pro4 (bios up to date)
CPU: Intel I7-8700
Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR4-2400
GPU: 1070TI

Aug 22, 2019
try a1/a2 or b1/b2 to test running in single channel just to see if that work?

Update: it worked, booted and recognized on B1/2. it is on single channel memory mode. it does recognize them as 2133, even though the stick themselves recognizes it as 2400. should I do anything further?

Aug 22, 2019
it may still come down to the fact that it is still considered mixing and matching ram even if all the specs are identical. ram in kits of something like 16GB and 32GB test all sticks together to make sure they work.

I apologize for my ignorance, but based off what you've said, how should I go about fixing it?

Nov 3, 2019
Ah, "kit" is you buy two meant to work together. If they don't you can change both free of charge.
Even if they are same, bought at different times, sometimes they just don't agree to work together.
Sorry have nothing good to tell you, maybe could change the new one if friendly store ?

I bet someone'll help more though.