[SOLVED] New RAM

PassedFN

Prominent
Jun 30, 2019
Hey Im looking to upgrade my RAM I wanna know if there's something I should do before I place the sticks in..Also should I place the 2 sticks with a gap inbetween?
And something irrelevant, for example if I wanna update my bios through q-flash should I have an empty flash drive or it doesn;t matter if I have addditional stuff except the bios file?

Solution
Hey Im looking to upgrade my RAM I wanna know if there's something I should do before I place the sticks in..Also should I place the 2 sticks with a gap inbetween?
And something irrelevant, for example if I wanna update my bios through q-flash should I have an empty flash drive or it doesn;t matter if I have addditional stuff except the bios file?

Before upgrading RAM:
load BIOS Default settings; turn off PC; unplug everything; insert the 2 DIMMs in slots: #2 and #4 (channel A2 and B2).

For BIOS update it’s not a requirement for you to have a drive emptied of everything else except the BIOS file(s), but it’s always clearer and easier to find the needed file while being in the BIOS menu if there aren’t a bunch of other things...
The best answer to your RAM placement question is in your motherboard's manual. It is always specified where to put the sticks.

Reactions: PassedFN

Endre

Reputable

Before upgrading RAM:
load BIOS Default settings; turn off PC; unplug everything; insert the 2 DIMMs in slots: #2 and #4 (channel A2 and B2).

For BIOS update it’s not a requirement for you to have a drive emptied of everything else except the BIOS file(s), but it’s always clearer and easier to find the needed file while being in the BIOS menu if there aren’t a bunch of other things in there (not to mention possible viruses).
It’s better to keep it simple. Format the flash drive before putting a BIOS file there.

Reactions: PassedFN
Solution

PassedFN

Prominent
Jun 30, 2019
Before upgrading RAM:

For BIOS update it’s not a requirement for you to have a drive emptied of everything else except the BIOS file(s), but it’s always clearer and easier to find the needed file while being in the BIOS menu if there aren’t a bunch of other things in there (not to mention possible viruses).
It’s better to keep it simple. Format the flash drive before putting a BIOS file there.
Thanks that helped me

Reactions: Endre

TRENDING THREADS