New Rebuild or Upgrade ??

Renee_85

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Hey guys, hoping somebody can help :)

Ive had an old Gaming Pc that ive held onto for years now as it was very expensive when first purchased .
I actually thought it was stuffed until a few weeks ago i noticed one of the internal connectors wasnt plugged in, so bingo plugged it back in and the computer booted up!
Anyway ive been contemplating on either doing a complete new build or stick with the current motherboard and just get new cpu, ram, sound card etc. im thinking considering how old it is im not really going to get much benefit just upgrading a few parts?
Heres what i have at the moment:

Motherboard- Gigabyte G33- DS2R
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Ram- 4gb DDR2 800mz
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670

Quite an old build but the PC Believe it or not was purchased for around 4grand about 7-8 years ago and its hardly been used, more of a dust collector. Ive upgraded to windows 10 as it was still running Vista lol!!
Anyways hope someone can help, this pc still runs quite well considering its age. I appreciate any feedback possible :)
Thanks
Renee

CPU support list: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=2534 shows that you could put a 4 core processor that could handle up to HD 7770/90 or R7 260 GPUs and give you some better performance. Other than that, making a new system would be better, not much else to keep in there. It all depends on how much you can get those parts for and how much money you are ready to sink into it.

Solution