[SOLVED] New Rig: Can't get it to POST

Soundchasr

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2013
Just bought all my parts for the new rig but still waiting for the CPU.

I have the PSU (Corsair RM750x) connected to the mobo (Asus TUF X570.
I have the 24 pin and 8 pin power cables plugged in.
Two sticks of Ram are installed and that's it.

When I hit power on the PSU the RGB on the bottom of the mobo lights up so it's getting some power. However, when I short the power switch to simulate power-on nothing happens at all. So, the only thing that is working is the RGB on the motherboard.
Could this be the motherboard or the PSU?

Thanks for any tips.

Solution
Mobo: Asus TUF X570-Pro Wifi
PSU: Corsair RM750x

Right now, that is all I have installed. I just wanted to make sure it works. That should be enough to POST or at least start the process, correct?

I had these connected but removed:
Gigabyte GTX 1050TI
G.Skill Trident Z
No. CPU, motherboard, power, ram and a gpu(be it integrated or dedicated) are the minimum required to post.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the intended specs for your system (make/model of each component)? However, without a CPU, the system will not boot or do much of anything else (it will immediately power down to prevent damaging itself).

You should assemble a complete system before mucking around with just a few of the parts, in case you damage something in advance of building the complete system

Soundchasr

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2013

Right now, that is all I have installed. I just wanted to make sure it works. That should be enough to POST or at least start the process, correct?

Gigabyte GTX 1050TI
G.Skill Trident Z

bignastyid

Titan

Gigabyte GTX 1050TI
G.Skill Trident Z
No. CPU, motherboard, power, ram and a gpu(be it integrated or dedicated) are the minimum required to post.

Solution