New rig incoming, need Your expert help ..

lunaticsoul

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Greetings to all of You from Croatia ..
Recently bumped onto this great site, and was hoping for some more professional help and advices ..
The guy who helped me so far was Youtuber Santiago Santiago .
I changed some components he recommended , and would very much appreciate more of an expert word.

It would be almost exclusive for gaming and I need to know are all of the components compatible first of all .
Part picker says they are ( and my research so far) .
My second question is will it suffice to play all the new/er/ish games, smoothly at high settings .
( GTA V, The witcher 3, dunno what else is demanding, some FPS online and the likes ) with chosen GPU and just 8gb of RAM . ( Cant afford 16 atm )

I would use the SSD just for operating system, and maybe some other apps lately .
And what about CPU cooler and power suply ? Will the cooler do the job, and is the PSU adequate ?

Thank you so much in advance for any help, advice or suggestion on what to do .

Here is the link to the components :
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Solution
contrary to popular belief a 1050ti is enough for 1080p and you don't need a 1060. Everyone tries to say you need at least a 1060 to play at 1080p but they are all thinking in their minds that the graphic settings absolutely need to be nearly maxed out which is crap and not true. a game on PC can be set to a medium/high quality mix and still look better than console and the 1050ti in most games will play 60fps at high settings. So I personally recommend the 1050ti. In fact I have one and it's my current GPU. I overclock it just a little to get it up to 1900mhz on the core and bump up the clock on the memory and I play games perfectly fine in 1080p at 60Hz.

But again, you need to make sure you get a 1050ti that has power pin connector...
psu is enough W, but not reliable. For 1080p, you need 1060. I5 is no longer worth buying due to Ryzen :) My suggestion:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($70.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($90.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Green 120GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($57.68 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card ($259.99 @ B&H)
Case: Zalman - Z11 NEO ATX Mid Tower Case ($25.49 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($38.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $684.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-01 00:48 EDT-0400

You can always add HDD later when you have money :) See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fY8esjRV_g

lunaticsoul

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Thanks @vapour , for your time and advice .
But the thing is, those items dont ship to Croatia, and if they do like from Amazon , they're with cca 60$ of shipping..
And here in Croatia those components cost much more than 110& for Ryzen..

lunaticsoul

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I found out some German and Chech sites, but its too much of a hassle.
Since Ryzen is much cheaper than the i5 here in Cro,and other components are available and not too expensive, I can buy it from the shop here.
I cant buy the 1060 tough, its way too much for me now..

But, would you really recommend yours configuration over mine ?

AMD over Intel ?
Is Ryzen 3 better than the i5 overall in performance and everything ?
Ive noticed that it supports 3200 mhz , but it means little to me, except guessing double the power lol.
Anyhow I had to change the whole rig, and if you vapour and hopefully someone else can confirm, I will go for the configuration you chose ..
It will cost me around 870 bucks here

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
contrary to popular belief a 1050ti is enough for 1080p and you don't need a 1060. Everyone tries to say you need at least a 1060 to play at 1080p but they are all thinking in their minds that the graphic settings absolutely need to be nearly maxed out which is crap and not true. a game on PC can be set to a medium/high quality mix and still look better than console and the 1050ti in most games will play 60fps at high settings. So I personally recommend the 1050ti. In fact I have one and it's my current GPU. I overclock it just a little to get it up to 1900mhz on the core and bump up the clock on the memory and I play games perfectly fine in 1080p at 60Hz.

But again, you need to make sure you get a 1050ti that has power pin connector on it. the ones that run exclusively off of the PCIe aren't worth it. Those ones are basically the 1050 but with an extra 2gb of ram.

Solution