Question "New" Rig is not performing as expected

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Hi guys, i recently built a cheap medium-low end pc to run games at 1080p 60 fps, I have little money and having a gaming pc where I live is a tremendous luxury that is why I built this pc, but i think its not performing as it should. I was watching a video of a guy running a benchmark of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, he has an i7 3770 non k and a rx 480, i got a xeon 1230v2 which should go same as the i7 3770 with a 10% less performance, so watching this video i decided to run the benchmark too and see how my fps goes, and its not what i expected.

Here are my result using my system:
Xeon 1230 v2 stock cooler
Rx 580 4g
8gb ram 1333mhz

View: https://i.imgur.com/1euBzXI.jpg

The video i saw doing the benchmark is using:
i7 3770 non k
rx 480 4gb
16 ram 1600mhz

View: https://i.imgur.com/ptd9k3o.jpg

I don't think it's normal how my GPU usage was bigger than CPU usage at the end of the graphic lines, also i noticed my CPU it's stuck at 3492mhz, it went to 3592 and it went to 3592 also, but it goes down immediately to 3492mhz, The guy running the benchmark also put ultra texture which I didn't because I only have 4gb of Vram and i know it will get saturated if I put it on ultra. What do you guys think is causing this result, I know its not the best computer in the world but I think it should perform better.

I honestly dont think your results are too bad. You are only 6fps off from the other pc, and like you said, the other pc is better. The 3770 is a faster CPU, and they have 16gb of faster ram. I wouldn't worry too much about such a small difference in a benchmark. If its smooth and you're enjoying the gameplay, that's more important.

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
I honestly dont think your results are too bad. You are only 6fps off from the other pc, and like you said, the other pc is better. The 3770 is a faster CPU, and they have 16gb of faster ram. I wouldn't worry too much about such a small difference in a benchmark. If its smooth and you're enjoying the gameplay, that's more important.

thanks for taking you time to answer, its not that faster tbh, and im worried because i have high textures he has ultra and he got a better result