Question New rig. Need help with PSU and Mobo. Also, general suggestions?

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Please don't spam the forum, keep it to 1 thread.
Hi all.
I am planning on building a new rig in the next few days/weeks.

This is the following build:
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/gPdkp8

I could not find every item, so I just took similar ones.
Main differences:
  • I will try to buy an used GTX970 or something like a 1060.
  • Different case.
My main questions are these:
A. What PSU to get -
  1. I am not sure if a 450W unit will be sufficient.
  2. These are some PSU's I am considering:
    1. be quiet! ATX 500W System Power 9. BN246
    2. EVGA 450, 80+ Bronze
    3. Corsair CX450M
    4. Something else under 50-60 Euros. (And yes, I really do not want to spend 90 Euros on a PSU)
B. What Motherboard to get -
  1. Ideally, I would not want to do a Bios update, as I do not even have any other AMD chips.
  2. I am unsure if these are already compatible with the 3000 series, I will ask the sellers as well, but if you guys already know something...
    1. ASRock A320M-DVS R4.0
    2. Asus Prime B450M-A
    3. Gigabyte B450M Gaming Motherboard Buchse AM4 AMD B450 Micro ATX - Motherboards (DDR4-SDRAM, DIMM, 2133,2400,2667,2933 MHz, Dual, 32 GB, AMD)
    4. Do you guys know of something that is "guaranteed" to work, and under 70 Euros? My philosophy on PSU's is, "as cheap as possible, that does the bare minimum required" :)
Cheers all.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The CX450M is the best of the three.

1. Do you guys know of something that is "guaranteed" to work, and under 70 Euros? My philosophy on PSU's is, "as cheap as possible, that does the bare minimum required" :)

That's all the help I can provide. I cannot assist further than this because to assist in application of this philosophy is not something I find ethical.

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Thank you for your helpful comment. And for marking my thread as read, thereby making it less likely that I will get a .. "less ethical" replay.. You know.. one that is actually helpful.

Well done, I can see why you are a moderator.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thank you for your helpful comment. And for marking my thread as read, thereby making it less likely that I will get a .. "less ethical" replay.. You know.. one that is actually helpful.

Well done, I can see why you are a moderator.

I literally have no idea what in the world you're talking about.

The only statuses are open/solved/closed. The thread is open, just as it was after you posted.

The only "read" status is a local one based on your cookies, meaning you read it. And if that's what's confounding you, let's just say you have far greater issues to worry about than building a PC.

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
I mean, if a thread has a replay, it is far less likely that someone else will replay, 'cause some people assume that "the guy is already being helped".

E.g., if I feel like being helpful to the community, I will usually scroll down and when I see a thread with 0 replays, where I might have an insight, I will answer it. I assume (and maybe I am wrong, but after nearly 2 decades on forums, I think this is a valid assumption) that there are many others with a similar viewpoint.

That being said, the comment about the PSU was helpful. So cheers for that.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I mean, if a thread has a replay, it is far less likely that someone else will replay, 'cause some people assume that "the guy is already being helped".

E.g., if I feel like being helpful to the community, I will usually scroll down and when I see a thread with 0 replays, where I might have an insight, I will answer it. I assume (and maybe I am wrong, but after nearly 2 decades on forums, I think this is a valid assumption) that there are many others with a similar viewpoint.

That being said, the comment about the PSU was helpful. So cheers for that.

That's why we have "solved."

So don't reply to a thread because...someone might see there's a reply and then not...reply.

If you really want a reply, a great way to get replies, is, you know, not being over-the-top hostile and accusatory first for absolutely no reason and then for an absolutely insane reason. Why would anyone wish to interact with you at this point?

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Well... thanks again. But you can have a look if you wish. On most threads you will only have 1 person answering. Even if the chain is long. Not on all mind you. On some you have hundreds. But the biggest group by far is ones with only 1 person answering.

Anyway, I am done. I do not wish to argue. I wish you all the best. And no, I do not mean it sarcastically. I really do.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well... thanks again. But you can have a look if you wish. On most threads you will only have 1 person answering. Even if the chain is long. Not on all mind you. On some you have hundreds. But the biggest group by far is ones with only 1 person answering.

Anyway, I am done. I do not wish to argue. I wish you all the best. And no, I do not mean it sarcastically. I really do.

I wish you the best of luck in your build!

And I don't mean that sarcastically; where design fails, luck becomes a necessity.

Hi all.

Main differences:
  • Different case.
A. What PSU to get -
    2. EVGA 450, 80+ Bronze
    3. Corsair CX450M
    4. Something else under 50-60 Euros. (And yes, I really do not want to spend 90 Euros on a PSU)
  1. Ideally, I would not want to do a Bios update, as I do not even have any other AMD chips.
  2. I am unsure if these are already compatible with the 3000 series, I will ask the sellers as well, but if you guys already know something...
    1. ASRock A320M-DVS R4.0
    2. Asus Prime B450M-A
    3. Gigabyte B450M Gaming Motherboard Buchse AM4 AMD B450 Micro ATX - Motherboards (DDR4-SDRAM, DIMM, 2133,2400,2667,2933 MHz, Dual, 32 GB, AMD)
    4. Do you guys know of something that is "guaranteed" to work, and under 70 Euros? My philosophy on PSU's is, "as cheap as possible, that does the bare minimum required" :)
Cheers all.
Hi all.

Main differences:
  • Different case.
A. What PSU to get -
    2. EVGA 450, 80+ Bronze
    3. Corsair CX450M
    1. ASRock A320M-DVS R4.0
    2. Asus Prime B450M-A
Cheers all.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€167.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€81.79 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€56.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: *Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€28.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: *Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (€93.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: *XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card (€144.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: *Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€48.58 @ Alternate)
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€64.69 @ Alternate)
Total: €687.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-01 23:34 CEST+0200

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Hi all,

I am looking for a budget Mobo for the Ryzen 3000 chip. It is crucial, that the Bios does NOT requrie an update, as I do not own any other AMD chips. Ideally, it should also run the RAMsticks at 3600 ghz, but that is worth only very little to me. As far as I know, the difference would not be detectable in every days use anyway.

I have 4 candidates
  1. https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06Y6GDYD4...KHTH81FDF8&psc=1&refRID=Z5SYC5YFJ6KHTH81FDF8#
  2. https://www.amazon.de/B450M-Mainboa...=am4+mainboard+3000,computers,171&sr=1-5&th=1
  3. https://www.amazon.de/Gigabyte-B450...=am4+mainboard+3000,computers,171&sr=1-7&th=1
  4. https://www.amazon.de/B450M-PRO-M2-...mputers&sprefix=am4+ryzen+3000,aps,179&sr=1-3
would any of them be Ryzen 3000 compatible? Neither says it on the box, but it has been nearly 1 year now... anyone know of any other way to get a Ryzen 3000 compatible Mobo for under 70 quids? (Ideally, under 50).

Cheers.