ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard

I7-2600K Processor

Noctua NH-D14 CPU Fan

PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 950W PSU

Crucial m4 128gb SSD

MSI Geforce Lightning Extreme Edition GTX 580 3072mb GPU

Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16 gb RAM

Asus Black 12x BD-Rom

The whole pc is powering up, the GPU fan moves and light up(is there more then just the PSU connectors to connect to it?)

Most of the fans are connected directly to the motherboard, the SSD is connected via the backplate for the hot swappable bays.

Everything fit nicely and I believe the case to motherboard connections are right. I tried booting with the case speaker and received no beeps.

I tried hooking up an HDMI cable to both dedicated and then integrated GPUs and still nothing on the screen.

I did notice the front panel buttons were acting weird, ie not resetting so I'm going to play with the motherboard connections again but yea if anyone wants to give me a hand trouble shooting this beast to life I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes.

- Put the graphics card and one stick of memory in the slots specified by your mobo manual.

- Make sure your mobo is on a non-conductive surface - wood or the box it came in.

- Make sure your PSU's 24-pin, 8-pin, and graphics card power connectors are connected to their respective slots.

- Disconnect Power Switch and Reset Switch leads from the mobo.

- Identify the two mobo pins for the Power Switch.

- Touch these two pins simultaneously and momentarily with a screwdriver.

The screwdriver is acting as your front panel power switch. If this starts the PC either you connected the front panel switches wrong or they are defective.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

no post? try taking it out of the case and see if it works. that is to check and see if the standoffs are shorting out the motherboard.

adensolus

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Ok so I stripped everything out, I tried booting no dedicated graphics card, one stick of ram, no stick of ram.

I'm getting power to all the fans and lights still so the motherboard has to be getting power.

adensolus

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

Alright this won't be fun but I'll get back to you once its out

Whats safe to put the mobo on physcially to start it?

Yes.

- Put the graphics card and one stick of memory in the slots specified by your mobo manual.

- Make sure your mobo is on a non-conductive surface - wood or the box it came in.

- Make sure your PSU's 24-pin, 8-pin, and graphics card power connectors are connected to their respective slots.

- Disconnect Power Switch and Reset Switch leads from the mobo.

- Identify the two mobo pins for the Power Switch.

- Touch these two pins simultaneously and momentarily with a screwdriver.

The screwdriver is acting as your front panel power switch. If this starts the PC either you connected the front panel switches wrong or they are defective.

Solution

adensolus

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
holy crap think I got it...or part of it...god I'm a dumb ass I missed the fracking 8 pin thank you soooo much...lemme see if I can get it to post

Update...and we're in action untill I break something else. It's early in the process yet to call it a complete victory. Thanks again twoboxer.